Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring Is Here!

Our Arboretum membership is expiring at the end of March so we're getting in our last visits before then.  We took a friend of Megan's today and even though it was windy and a little chillier than the past few days (upper 60s -- oh dear) we had a good time.

 
I pulled out some cute dresses that I was saving for this spring and summer and she has been in heaven!!  She loves to be in skirts and dresses.  I don't think I'm even going to buy shorts for her for the summer -- skirts all the way!

 The girls both wanted to dress up.  Abby loves skirts that have a little tulle layer (or whatever that is on the bottom) because she calls herself a ballerina.  And she tells everyone!!  It's really cute.

 For 2012, the Arboretum is doing houses dedicated to famous artists.  We didn't make it to all of them but the ones that we saw were adorable!  I can't remember whose house this was except that with the bridge over the pond and the picture on the wall I'm 90% sure it's Monet's house.

 Picasso's house -- notice the huge sunflowers out front (not real).

 Yes, Megan got her face painted AGAIN!  But she strayed from her normal kitty cat face and got a princess face.  
 So then all the girls had princess faces.  Including Abby!  She did great for getting her face painted for the first time.





 Typical Arboretum day really!

 This was a BEAUTIFUL house dedicated to Georges Surat.



And then Vincent Van Gogh.  You know what?  I take that back -- this is Picasso, the one with the sunflowers is VanGogh.  Oh my sister-in-law Denise is writhing on the floor right now at the agony that I do not know my artists . . . 




 Abby, in the bushes.  Surprise surprise.  I had all three girls by myself and no stroller (one more thing to keep track of you know) and I tell you what, 3 girls by myself was not the problem.  The problem was this little bugger going anywhere she darn well pleased and not listening to her mother AT ALL!  

 Tulips of course were out in full force but also budding trees, hyacinths (they smelled SOOOO good), daffodils, camellias (which grow on trees, I didn't know) and pansies.  Abby loved the pansies and kept calling them "monkey-face flowers".  I am not kidding.  I made her repeat herself to make sure that's what she said.  


 To me this is a very Sound of Music moment only without the spinning, the Alps, or the music in the background.  Huh, maybe it's not very Sound of Music after all!



 Look at all the beautiful flowers.  Oh wait . . .  no no . . . what's down in this grate mom?





I tell you what, March is a beautiful time to visit!  Hint Hint!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE everything about this post! Beautiful photos! I am in LOVE with Megan's dress..the photo of her princess face with the wind blowing is SO amazing. Abby sounds a lot like Liam right now...adorable but EXHAUSTING! And you did get the artist's mixed up at first, but you pulled it together at the end. Wish I could have been there with you, it looks amazing!

jeffg001 said...

Dude... this arboretum is super legit.