Friday, September 2, 2011

A Day Out and About (Finally)

I think that we've spent the most of the last week and a half inside the house.  It's been difficult to adjust to triple-digit weather again and then the girls got minor colds so I kept them home a little bit (after exposing all the kids in nursery -- priorities you know!).  But finally we all couldn't take it anymore so out we go!

We joined a friend for a trip to the SeaLife Aquarium at the Grapevine Mills Outline (side note -- do not pay full price for this aquarium!!!  If you want to go, find something with a family pass and pay guest ticket prices).  It was a fun and very kid friendly aquarium and Abby particularly enjoyed it because I DID NOT bring a stroller and she ran everywhere.  And so did I.

No flash allowed so all my pictures are purple . . . not sure how that works but that's what they are!
 There were a lot of "glass" floors, hands-on exhibits, glass bubbles to look through -- like I said, very kid-friendly.  As you can see, Abby liked laying on the glass floor to see the fish.  The 360 tunnel she crawled through -- but it is a little unnerving to walk on that stuff!

 They also had some touch pools at the end where they could touch starfish, snails, and sea urchins.  It was a cute little aquarium and we enjoyed it.  After, we went out into the mall -- I wanted to get some shirts for Abby at The Children's Place outlet and of course we had to go by the carousel . . . 

 My friend took Abby for me so Megan could go on the carousel and she was very happy about that!

Then we went to the Disney Store.  I love that place but did you know that those princess dresses are $45?!?!?!?!?  For dress up?  No way!  I'm making my own!
 However, Abby discovered Cars lunchboxes and had to carry one in each hand.  In fact, at one point, she  takes off for the entrance going as fast as she can -- she was making a break for it!  I guess we need to have a talk about shoplifting, or at least attempted shoplifting . . . 

But she was quite determined!

No comments: