Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall is Here -- and it's 91 Degrees!!

 Fall is here!!!  Kind've sad when you feel fall in the air but the temperature is still in the 90's huh?  But I will be laughing at "ya'll" when it's November and it's quite comfortable!!

What really got us into the spirit of fall today though was the Dallas Arboretum.  So yes, 'tis the season for too many pictures of kids surrounded by pumpkins -- just like last year!!!  We were there during some of their toddler activities though and that was a lot of fun for the girls.  I love that both of the girls are at the stage to get excited and enjoy days like this!
 Abby cried when I made her put this one back.  She tried to pick up lots of pumpkins.  We may be decorating for fall and Halloween sooner than I had planned!!!


 This year their pumpkin village was decorated to be Cinderella's bedroom, kitchen, etc.  They had these awesome "chandeliers" up in all the houses made of hanging pumpkins and Indian corn.  I thought they were a really neat fall decoration and I may have to try it myself . . . 

 Megan and her friend Sammy who went with us.


 Doesn't this look professional?  Megan is getting a lot better at smiling when I ask her to.  Now if I could just get Abby to comply we might get some decent family pictures!!

 Nope.  Looking at pumpkins -- not at mommy.

 Nope.  Looking at feet, not at Mommy.

 Another pumpkin house.


 This was Cinderella's glass slipper on display and there was a gown on the wall as well.  I don't know how you get white pumpkins but they were really pretty.

 And here was the highlight!  A real, pumpkin-shaped carriage!  How cool is that?  Sorry I didn't get a shot of the whole thing -- there was a line for pictures and a sign asking us to only stay 3 minutes.

 Of course, Megan didn't want to get out and I had to carry her out kicking and screaming.  So this is her pouting afterwards.

 But we recovered with some face painting!!



 Then it was over to the petting zoo to see the donkey, the goats (which Abby kept calling sheep), and the rabbit.

 Brushing the sheep (ok there was one) was fun apparently.

 As usual, the Arboretum was absolutely beautiful.

 After lunch and seeing the princess castles (which I've done pictures of those before), they had storytime (which we missed) and Kindermusick (which we didn't and the girls enjoyed!).


Believe it or not -- Abby was dancing!  I got a little bit of it on film and I hope the quality is good.  If not, I might have to repost from YouTube.  Even the bouncing at the end before she falls over I think was dancing!

And in other news, yes Abby is continuing to go where no toddler has gone before.  And because of her size, she still fits!


1 comment:

Trulee said...

Good Times! Thanks for letting us tag along, we had a blast.