Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am loved!

Having a 2nd girl means that we have everything we could possibly need. And then some actually -- we've had people give me hand me downs from their last little girls and I've realized as I've been doing wash and getting baby things ready that I have a ton of stuff!

Regardless, my dear friends and visiting teachers threw me a wonderful baby shower and it was so much fun! We got a lot of diapers -- always a good thing -- but it's hard to resist all the baby stuff at the stores and so we also received some really cute cute things! All the pictures are of course of me opening presents and that makes me self-conscious so I took some additional pictures when I got home that don't involve my rapidly growing self!

But I feel so loved!!





Kista and Amanda did a really pretty garden theme (thanks to the Young Women's program and Nicole for the raid on decorations!) and we had really good food. Amanda did the "baby" letters as well which, wouldn't you know it, also spell out Abby so I brought them home for decorating purposes. Now I'll just have to see if I can do the same for Megan! I think I can, I think I can . . .
Is that not the most adorable sock monkey ever? I love the colors but it is going to have to be carefully hidden until the baby comes or it may get confiscated by Megan and she already has a gazillion animals! Heidi and Nicole also got a Sandra Boynton music book and CD. I had no idea they even existed! I'm excited to try them out though, especially since I'm getting tired of listening to John Denver #3 every time we get in the car (Megan's request of course).



The blanket and tagee and burp cloths were made by my friend Kista who also has a little bit of a business on the side -- mostly craft shows and such -- but the burp cloths! I love love love cloth diapers for burp cloths because they are so absorbent and I love the embellishment of the ribbon and the monogramming! I think I might have to steal that idea for when my sister-in-law has her baby -- which by the way, they find out what it is tomorrow!!!!! I can't do the monogramming, but they are just so darn cute. And I love red! I thought it was so funny, she had no idea -- Abby's quilt isn't red (although I thought about it) and I've moved away from color schemes for babies generally because they'll probably share a bedroom later anyway and won't care what color the room is -- but red is my personal favorite color so that was just another reason to fall in love with these!
We had a couple of miniature guests as well -- Brianna is a daughter of one of our ladies who came and decided to relocate all the presents through the house so we practically went on a treasure hunt afterwards!!
The only thing I wish we had done that we didn't was get a group picture! Hmmm, I don't think I have the technology to splice the individual pictures together . . .

No comments: