Sunday, February 28, 2010

Good Saturday

Yesterday was such a good day! It started with a wonderful Primary Activity that had been rescheduled TWICE because of weather and other scheduling conflicts. I am SOOOO glad that we did that though rather than just cancelling it altogether. It was a kick-off activity for our Primary theme this year which is "I Know My Savior Lives" and we had three stations or "ways" that we know this: scriptures, prayer and feeling the Holy Ghost, and the testimonies of the Prophets. We had the kids walk through Lehi's Dream for scriptures and only 2 strayed from our "iron rod"! I was very surprised about that but I suppose they know the story well enough for us not to be able to trick them :) Then we played a sound Bingo game and talked about listening to the Holy Ghost, and then we watched a wonderful video with pictures of Christ and the testimonies of several prophets and apostles. We found it on a website by an LDS lady and that reminds me that I need to send her an email thanking her! We filled our Relief Society room with pictures and statues of Jesus Christ and it was absolutely beautiful. I can't take credit for it all. My mom started me on the idea and then I have fabulous counselors who helped me flesh it out. My pictures aren't that great but they might give you an idea of how they looked. IN addition, all the kids got Book of Mormon's that we're using all year in Primary and they all seemed to really enjoy the activity!






Afterwards, I went to lunch with a very good friend from college who lives here in Fredericksburg but we never get together! She is about 13-14 weeks along with her first and it was wonderful to catch up with her and see her excitement. I now know (in addition to myself) 7 women who are pregnant and due between now and the end of August! It's a great little baby boom!

1 comment:

James and Kista said...

Bailey was so excited about her scriptures! And Jacob went home and told Heather that Jesus is coming soon. :)
Awesome activity!!!