Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Catch up (or ketchup?)

No, no ketchup stories. Although Megan did drop two eggs on the floor today. She just loves to help!

Ok item #1: instant milk! Chopper and I bought a box at Walmart. It has 10 pouches that make 1 quart of milk each pouch for a grand total of about 2 1/2 gallons at $8.50 (approximately). So about the same as regular milk I guess. We paid a little more to get it in pouches because they (Walmart) doesn't sell small quantities and I hated the idea of buying a big box of milk and then having to use it right away. This way, we only had to make one pouch to experiment with and the rest will go into food storage!

It's not bad actually. Mixing according to directions gives you milk that has the consistency of skim milk. Since we regularly drink 2% in our house -- that was Chopper's biggest complaint. We let it sit and chill in the fridge overnight and then had it on cereal the next morning. I couldn't quite bring myself to drink it straight yet! It does have a slightly off taste but it's not bad. And apparently, the taste is less noticeable when your cereal happens to be the ultra sugary Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries! Thank you Chopper for that input! Mine was just Honey Bunches of Oats so less taste I guess! Then I used the rest of it to make waffles this morning and there was no difference in my waffles at all! So I guess I'm pleased to say that I think it is viable option. I didn't try it on Megan though . . . but when you've got nothing else right?

Item #2 -- Megan has been in a coloring phase for the past week and a half. It all of a sudden just happened and she is a fanatic for it. We are going through so much paper! She asks constantly for "codors" (l's have become d's for some reason) and "more paper". She does lots of scribbly circles and then pounds the crayon on the paper and delcares "po-ka dots"!



Item #3 -- 36 weeks and counting! My doctor still wants me to have a c-section and I am fighting it like the dickens (what does that mean anyway?) but things are looking good and I'll be getting ANOTHER ultrasound today to measure the baby again and see how big she's getting. Another scare tactic I think but I love ultrasounds so I can't complain I think. Other than that, I'm actually starting to get ready! I keep putting it off thinking I have plenty of time but this week is going by really fast and I'm kind've hoping the rest of the weeks will too. Chopper and I toured the birth center at Mary Washington Hospital last night and I liked what I saw and what they told us. It's a larger, nicer hospital than the one in Missoula for sure although I learned with Megan that what really makes a good labor and delivery experience is the people so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there!

No comments: