Thursday, March 11, 2010

Department of Labor update

Chopper says I was too sarcastic in my last entry about his commentary on updating from our daily life so I will try to be more serious. It's just that daily life is really all about Megan, Primary, and new baby (who still hasn't arrived). So there!

Actually, after nearly 2 weeks of making phone calls, Chopper finally heard back from his Department of Labor caseworker today! Disappointingly, that doesn't mean we have any direction to our lives. She will be exiting him from the holding pattern and we'll get a letter about that in a week to 10 days and then she'll turn him over to rehab and they will inform us about the next step in the process. That could take a week or a month, she wasn't really sure. And of course I interpret that to mean that it could take a month or 3! Rehab though is apparently not rehab since Chopper really is finished with all of that. I think that this is the part where they start into job rehabilitation. I'm not really sure -- sorry I can't be more clear!!

All I know is that we can expect mail.

No comments: