Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Shoes!

My mom bought and sent me this pattern for quilted baby shoes last week. Unfortunately, she's not crafty herself so it's left to me to make them! Actually, I don't mind at all -- I love stuff like this! So I made a practice pair and they're not quite done (I need to get some velcro to fasten the straps closed) but they are darn stinkin' cute! Abby is going to be awash in shoes!



I'm sitting here writing this and Chopper says to me -- "all you blog about is Megan is and quilting. Can't you talk more about us? Really make it a journal so that our posterity can know more about our day to day life." Well I wasn't aware that he didn't like my blog! So in the interest of keeping peace in the house, I will try to blog more about day to day stuff. I guess I just don't think about it -- after all, do you really want to know what we had for dinner tonight? There's a fine line between interesting and ridiculous I suppose. So here's a start.

Chopper's 120 days of "waiting" are up -- we think. We can't remember the exact date that they started so don't know the exact date that they ended but were estimating the end of February or beginning of March. Problem is, Chopper's case-worker won't call us back. I think tomorrow he's planning on calling her on the hour every hour and see if we can get a response. It's very frustrating to be ready to move on but now know or be able to get the information about how to do that. In the meantime, he is kind've looking at other options. We have a couple in our ward who worked for the state department for years and their son currently does so. Chopper talked to him pretty extensively and has become interested in being a political diplomat. Last week he took the state department test and of course we have to wait for the results before he can move on with that! Despite the frustration of now knowing where we are headed, we're trying to look at the blessings we have -- chief of which is that despite the uncertainty, we continue to have an income!

Ok now he wants me to be done blogging so we can eat ice cream and watch the movie 2012. Picky picky!! :)

1 comment:

James and Kista said...

Oh my gosh! I love those shoes!!! If I ever have a girl, can you make me some??? :)
Oh and love the day-to-day post :)