Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Here She Is!




Abigail Joann Whittacre was born at 7:34 a.m. on Sunday, March 28, 2010. She weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and is 18 inches long. The labor and delivery went fine -- Chopper and I arrived at the hospital about 4 a.m. -- and came home yesterday (Tuesday). Yes, there was a Dr.Pepper in the delivery room for Chopper's sustainance and I had ice chips (yippee!). But Chopper was a wonderful support and coach! My mom stayed home with Megan since it was the middle of the night and then I went so quick we didn't have time to call anyone to take over so she could be there. The cord was wrapped around Abby's neck but loosely and her post-birth rub-down got her going quick so she was fine. For those of you who love all the gorey details, you'll have to call me. But we are both doing fine and healing well -- ok I am healing well, Abby is just perfect already! She is beautiful and Megan is taking to her pretty well now that we're home. She visited us in the hospital and was fine too but it didn't sink in I think until we walked in the door and she gasped and pointed at Abby like -- what's she doing here? But she's ok with her now!






1 comment:

James and Kista said...

So beautiful!!! What a gorgeous little girl. Love the picture of the proud papa.