Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sisters

This video is about 2 minutes long of Abby and Megan getting to know each other a little bit. For those of you who have asked, Megan has not been interested in the baby at all. She knows what babies are but didn't care that we were having one. She prefers animals actually. Just recently she's started to dress her animals and talk to them but still doesn't like the baby doll she has. In fact, I packed it away as as I was getting out baby stuff!

In the hospital she would look at Abby and then play and want to walk in the halls and look in the nursery, but still no real interest in anyone but me -- she was happy to see me again! I came home yesterday about lunchtime and she was excited to see Chopper and I and then when she saw Abby in the car seat, she gave a little gasp and pointed and then looked at us like -- what's she doing here?! But then last night I put Abby in her bouncy seat and perhaps it was because she was on Megan's level and not being held, Megan started to get a little more interested. She touched her and talked about what she was wearing (Megan loves hats and hearts and things) and then wanted to give her her eyeball! Shock of my life! Megan is heavily devoted to her eyeballs (bouncy balls with eyes on them). She takes them to bed with her, carries them around, the whole nine-yards. I think she would win a contest for oddest lovey with those things. Well the only problem was that Abby would not take the eyeball from Megan (hmm, go figure) and I think it confused Megan that she was trying to share and couldn't! She eventually just put it down on Abby and was excited about that. She also tried to share her necklaces and I had to explain that Abby is too little for necklaces right now. Megan has always been an oddly careful child. She absolutely loves playing with my jar of buttons and my pin cushion of straight pins! Completely supervised of course! But still -- oddly careful girl. Abby -- well who knows? But the last thing I need of course is to have my toddler give things to my newborn that she shouldn't have! I'm sure the adventures of multiple children have only begun and I am very excited. But they are doing well as sisters together -- at least after the first day home!

1 comment:

James and Kista said...

So sweet! It is fun to see Megan's excitement.