Tuesday, March 23, 2010

40 weeks and counting . . . .

No baby yet! I feel more ready for this one to come, although more apprehensive as well. Perhaps that's because I really do know what having a new baby is like! But I'm very excited for the day, whenever that is. I don't see my doctor again until Thursday and we'll see what he suggests. Although, I've decided I don't want to be chemically induced if I can help it. Last night I ate an entire pineapple. I really like pineapple but I was done about halfway through. Your tongue just gets so raw! And still nothing.

My mom is here and she brought great presents for Megan! Not expensive ones -- but great ones: fuzzy, sparkly pom-poms, pipe-cleaners, play-doh and food molds, foam stickers. Megan has been in heaven having her here because it's one more person to play with and of course Grandma plays a lot because it's been since Christmas that we've seen her. It was so cute when we went to pick her up at the airport. Megan actually ran to her and let her pick her up! We've got Skype now and have had a few video conversations so I think that helps with remembering.

Megan has also had two new milestones that I think need to be noted: she had her first Girl Scout Cookie and her first ice cream cone. I'm not really a health nut (probably should be better actually) but we don't give her a ton of sugar. Actually, we've tried ice cream before and she wouldn't eat it because it was cold and sticky and drippy -- her least favorite things. But she took a lick of Chopper's cone today (it was free cone day at Ben & Jerry's) and then confiscated the whole thing! Chopper was a good sport and let her have it. Of course it had to be chocolate and I'm going to have to soak all her clothes tonight before I do wash tomorrow but I think the occasional ice cream cone is definitely worth it!




On another note, we've finally gotten some progress from the Department of Labor. They are now going to move forward with Chopper's "job rehabilitation". That means either working out another position with his current employment or helping him in the quest to find new employment. The surprising part is that even though up to know everything has been like pulling teeth, the information for this next phase says that they want everything to be resolved by the middle of June! Now whether or not that actually happens remains to be seen, but I do like the idea of finally having an idea of what is going to be going on in our life!!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I totally understand feeling apprehensive about the birth of your baby. I hope all goes well. I will be thinking of you and sending bumby thoughts your way! love you. Say Hi to your mom for me.

James and Kista said...

I am sorry the pineapple didn't work... ;(