Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Just Ridiculous

Anyone who knows me knows that I can cry at the drop of a hat.  Not on purpose necessarily, but my tear ducts are very easily affected.  Romantic movies with wonderful endings -- I cry.  Teaching a lesson, giving a talk, or bearing my testimony -- I cry.  Frustration with my children -- I cry.  Laughing really hard -- I cry.  So it may not be a surprise that I broke down (a little bit, I kept it sort've contained) in Mooyah while we were eating dinner on Saturday.  Why????  Because we went to the Arboretum and there were weddings galore.  I LOVE weddings and dresses and all of that.  I would do it again in a heartbeat for the romance and beauty of it all.  And I'm sitting in Mooyah looking at my girls and just realized that it wouldn't be too long before I was arranging the train of their dress for pictures and watching them dance with their husbands. And I kind've lost it.  It's ridiculous I know.




So this is a foxglove!! 



 







Rolling down the hill -- I love that they can play in the grass and not get eaten by ants.  And it's SOFT grass.



After we got home, my dad called.  It was his birthday last week and I sent him a very special present:  a quilted bike seat cover for his road bike.  I know it will never, NEVER actually be used but it's the thought that counts right?   And I don't have a picture of it because a quilted bike seat cover not actually on a bike just looks bad.  I'm sorry, but it does.  So we laughed quite a bit over the phone.  And then I cried -- although I don't know if that REALLY counts.  After all, laughing so hard you cry isn't quite the same thing as "getting emotional".  I'm glad that we have a fun time with gag gifts in my family.  I'm already looking forward to Christmas -- I've got some fantastic, horrific ideas to put into place!!!

No comments: