Monday, December 31, 2012

Onward and Upward

Well, we're still here.  Seems like 2012 had a lot of turmoil -- I mean the world WAS supposed to end this year right?  Like 4 times!!!  But here we are on the edge of a new year again so I suppose I should make some goals for next year.  Easy goals.  Like:

1.  Potty-train Megan and Abby  (That actually might not be easy)
2.  Stress about my calling less (hahaha)
3.  Kill all the debt (that will be deprivation in action which is horribly hard when it comes to fabric . . . )
4.  Keep the house going (harder than you would think but thank goodness for a small house!)
5.  Be more positive (my brother says I'm too negative on my blog and he's probably right -- I need to exercise more gratitude and positive thinking through the year, not just at Thanksgiving.  Boy is this a great post to start that off!!!)

I do plan to read and quilt and write but I didn't think that those were goal worthy since I'll do them anyway -- they're more habit than anything else practically!  And I think as a family we'll throw in being better at scripture reading, prayers, and family home evening.  After all, I think we need all the help we can get!!

Last event for 2012?  Some friends threw a "noon" Year's Eve party today and we counted down to noon.  It was fun.  Except for the part where I got puked on AND peed on by William, Megan had a potty accident, and Abby insisted on playing outside in the rain.  And the kitchen sink clogged up when I tried to clean my kitchen to relieve stress.
Doesn't she kind've look like a bedraggled cat?  
But they had a fun castle to play in!

Oh I found some lingering snow pictures: 


And I should make a note about Abby's growing independence (read: tantrums and yelling "no, I do it!), especially in getting dressed.  She's getting quite good and can get all parts of her clothes on with only minimal fighting and frustration although we sometimes end up: 
 BACKWARDS!!!
 But so very proud and that's what's important.  We should count our accomplishments!!!

In reality, it's been a good year.  We've had a tremendous amount of blessings and have prospered and grown.  I'm looking forward to everything that this year will bring: kindergarten, tumbling, walking and eating, and who knows what else?  I'm positive it won't be boring!!

Happy New Year!!!


1 comment:

Alicia said...

I don't think you are negative. I think you are realistic. Whenever he becomes a mom (never) he may finally understand what you go through. Great goals. Love number 1 and 2 (neither look easy to me).