Thursday, July 5, 2012

This Is How Ready I Am . . .

See?  I even took down my sewing table and made the spare room into a, well, a spare room!!
I also told my doctor today that I want to induce on the 14th if he's not here yet.  Given that I am STILL 2 centimeters (no change) and he's cuddled up in a ball and hasn't dropped significantly, it looks like that's what will happen.  My babies are way to comfortable in my body.  Chopper says I need to start walking this week but honestly, where?  It's 100 degrees outside and, yes, it might help with the process but I'm not too keen on torturing myself to bring on labor, which will just be more torture.  Where's the sense in that?

When I took Abby's gate down during her nap today and peeked in on her, this is how she was sleeping.  She made me laugh this morning.  Every night and nap time we have to put the gate up or she just gets out of her room, but then I take it down when she's sleeping.  But most nights she still gets up and comes to my room at random times and wants to climb in bed with me.  I'm positive that this is because when she gets up at 6 a.m. I do let her climb in bed with me so I can snooze a little longer.

Anyway, this morning I was a little surprised at 4:45 a.m. to feel tugging and bouncing on the bed and at first I'm thinking that Chopper's just uncomfortable and moving around and then there's a little body pressed right up against my back -- which is Abby's designated spot by the way -- on my pillow, squished up next to me, with her feet kicking my lower back and bum.  I guess she got tired of asking and being told "no" and decided to take matters into her own hands.  She still got taken back to bed though.  I know I should break her of this habit and I'll probably really regret it when the little one is here but then I think that it's only going to be so long before she's too big to get into bed with us.  Ok, actually my motive is more selfish than that -- I just don't want to get up!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can you go to the mall and do laps in the A/C? Man, I miss American malls!

aidanjordan said...

Honestly, I walked MILEs and MILES with Shelby in the hot Louisiana, late June weather and it did nothing for me. Not that you would have the same result, just making you feel better about not walking in the heat. :) If you induce on the 14th, is that when Dr. H will be out of town?