Friday, April 20, 2012

Offspring Update

Ok really quick before we go to the park this afternoon -- so much for making bread and soup!!  Oh well!  My "nap time" has turned out to be a little busier than I anticipated.  Anyway.

Megan is fascinated lately with painting everyone's faces.  She's just using crayons and dry paint brushes so there's really no color involved but I enjoy sitting there and having her paint my face and make sweet, funny comments like "ok now just sit down and relax" or "don't worry, it won't hurt" or "lookin' good!".  Right now she's throwing a fit because she doesn't want me to help her clean up her poop.  Sigh.  There's a few things I have a really hard time letting go of as a mom and cleaning up after the potty is one of them -- it's just gross when they really can't do it well by themselves.

Sorry.  Abby is her usual self and I had something really fun to say about her too but it's flown with the potty drama.  Oh maybe it's the singing.  She just picks up songs at the drop of a hat and I kid you not that she was singing "like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down" the other day.  I asked Chopper and he said he has sung it to her.  As well as the Chuck Norris song.  Which is actually the wise man and the foolish man but with Chuck Norris thrown in.  Thank goodness there's a boy on the way!

Speaking of which, He Who Has Not Yet Been Named is doing fine.  28 weeks today and a doctor's appointment that included my glucose screening and Rogam shot.  Ugh.  But it's over now and I may have to treat myself later for enduring that.  But maybe not with sugar since I ingested so much of it already.  Popcorn sounds good . . . 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You deserve sugar after a rhogam shot, no matter what you already ate. Those buggers hurt!