Monday, April 23, 2012

Do I Dare Say It?

We may have found the secret to getting Megan back on track with pooping on the potty.  But I don't want to jinx it! 

On Friday, a friend of mine watched the girls while I went to the doctor.  She has an 8-year old daughter who has quite the collection of Littlest Pet Shop toys.  They're little animals with oversized bobble heads and about a million different tiny accessories.  Right up Megan's alley of course.  And she didn't want to leave.  And she's been asking me nonstop to go back to their house and play.

Which got my brain rolling.
So on Saturday we told her that if she pooped in the potty she could have Littlest Pet Shop.  Twice on Saturday she pooped in her underwear and then put it in the potty and tried to make it count (she's a smart girl that one).  So we had a little talk and then went to Target and bought a set with TEN animals in it.

As of today, she has legitimately earned 5 of those!  I do think she's forcing it out just to get an animal but hey, I'll take it.  And if we end up investing our life savings into Littlest Pet Shop, it will be worth it to finally getting her pooping on the potty again!

2 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

YAY!! So exciting!! That is similar to what we did to get Grant to poop on the pot. . . only his motivation was McDonalds. We weaned him from happy meals to ice cream to a McDonald's cookie--but I think all he really wanted was to play on that playground.

Alicia said...

It is amazing to find just the right motivational key for each child. With Emmett we had the poop cars, Melynn didn't have a problem because she is a neat freak. My friend is struggling with this same problem with her boy. Maybe I should suggest Littlest Pet Shop!