Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's 53rd birthday! It's also his first birthday as a Grandpa and I think 53 is a good age for that because he'll be able to make Megan fly and play MarioKart with her. Those are two things that dad did with us as kids . . . ok the MarioKart is something we still do -- its great for father/daughter bonding, especially since I win all the time.

I thought about writing 53 things I love about my dad but thought that people might get tired of reading this all so here's just a few:
He has a great sense of humor. The first time he met Chopper, he wore fake ugly teeth because you always want to make a good impression when your daughter brings a guy home!
He is really good at listening when I have a problem and offers excellent advice.
He's great for Gospel info when you have a question or are preparing a talk -- heck he's great for a talk when you don't want to prepare, he just pulls them out of the file (just kidding)!
He takes funny pictures that I think really show who he is and since I'm in Montana and can't get into trouble for this . . . I love you dad, happy birthday!

No comments: