Thursday, April 3, 2008

2 months!

Megan's 2 month birthday isn't actually until Sunday but her appointment was yesterday. She's doing really well:

Weight -- 11 lbs 10 oz
Length -- 23 1/4 inches
Head -- 15 1/4 inches

Her weight and length put her in the 80th percentile but her head is only 50th. So what that means is that Chopper can no longer call her fat head but can still use terms of endearment such as sausage fingers, jelly roll, and chipmunk cheeks. Actually, when you look at her, her weight and length make her very proportional -- she's not fat by any standard but she does have the most delightful pudginess! She is growing very well.

On the sad side, she got her first shots and that was not fun. I also got a shot -- I've needed a tetanus booster for a few years now but after my mom told me that they use a big square needle (she denies this), I've been putting it off. Actually, it wasn't bad. April, the nurse, was very good and even though I hate my baby being sick and sad there is something wonderful in being the person that she goes to when she is. She's also getting closer to getting that thumb -- its a blurry picture but when we used the flash she startled and pulled it out of her mouth.

No comments: