Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School!!

Well we did it!  

We all got through the first day of preschool for Megan!
Yes, she's wearing a jacket.  She insisted on taking it and then as we were waiting to take pictures by the sign (you know, like every other parent there -- I'm not very original!), she puts the hood up.  When I asked her why she said it was because it was a little chilly today.  I guess she's right -- after all, I think the temperature was probably in the 90's instead of 100 degrees . . . 

Anyway, she's really been excited since we met her teachers last week and she went right in this morning.  When I came to pick her up it was one of her teachers that brought her to the car and she said that Megan had a good day!  Her change of clothes and extra pull-up was still in her backpack so that means so accidents either.  Whew!
I wish you could see her full outfit here.  Actually she's pretty color-coordinated.  But I love the Easter egg socks pulled all the way up and you don't get that here!

A lot of my friends have been posting their kids' first day of school pictures with cute chalkboards that say the year and their favorite things.  I was not that proactive so I just asked her -- these are her answers:

Favorite food: hot dogs
Favorite color: blue
Favorite show or movie: Max and Ruby
Favorite book: princess ones
What she wants to be when she grows up: a mommy

I think only the last two are really true . . . in the sense that she's consistent in those answers.

I was emotional but not a wreck.  It made me tear up a little just to think that this is the first step in her going out of the house.  Chopper says thank goodness!  She needs this and I think as she settles in to it she'll have a great time and do really well, but she's also been home with me for 4 years almost 24/7.  Much of it has been really really hard but I love her dearly and it's hard to see her go a little bit.

At home, Abby didn't quite know what to do with herself.  She mostly wandered around and stuck to me.  She didn't play with all the toys that she wanted or that kind of thing.  She got really upset when she saw the play area at the preschool and we didn't get out of the car to go play.  We'll have to find some parks I think some days but I don't know how much she'll enjoy playing at parks on her own.  We'll see.

Oh and William.  A coworker of Chopper's gave us this adorable Sunday outfit -- the pants are huge even though everything else fits, but I had to take pictures on Sunday because he was so stinkin' cute.  I guess boys can be fun to dress up too!  




  He was fresh out of a bath and I couldn't find his comb so this is his hair freshly rubbed with a towel.  Which then dried and stayed in a mo-hawk for two days!


1 comment:

The JL McGregor Family said...

Oh my he is so cute! And he does look a lot like YOU! And Abby. I love all your blog posts, especially the thankful one. The days are long, but the years are short!