Saturday, June 2, 2012

6 Weeks and Panicking

I'm not kidding.  Six weeks left and I suddenly have this sense of impending doom.

Well, that may be a LITTLE strong.  But not much.

I don't know.  Maybe it's knowing I'll be outnumbered at home.  Maybe it's knowing the distinct personalities of Megan and Abby and thinking "what's coming next"?  Maybe it's remembering how that first 6 weeks is exhausting and realizing that I'm already tired -- and again, I repeat, why isn't it that you spend the 9 months of pregnancy with a hormone that makes you sleep blissfully well????

Whatever it is, I feel compelled to get EVERYTHING done because I know that it will be a while after the baby's born before I get ANYTHING done.  So that means making Chopper help me with the little projects that I want to accomplish in the next 6 weeks so that I have time for some bigger projects -- like another quilt.  I know, I know, Voldemort already has a quilt -- this is just a play mat quilt but it is going to be SOOOOO cute when it's done.

And that's one of the things that makes me excited for this little boy on his way.  I've got tons of little, adorable projects I want to finish that won't mean anything to him but are fun and motivating for me.  Example: one of our big projects was to rearrange our bedroom.  We know he'll be in there with us for a little while (and maybe a long while the way things are going) so we moved all our furniture around to make room for the crib and a small set of plastic drawers.  And then I couldn't resist putting it all together -- even though I'll have to wash it all closer to due date.  But it just makes me happy!

Don't you love it?  The dog mobile I found on clearance at Target -- it was one of those things that I knew we probably wouldn't use a ton but I couldn't resist.  And it was on CLEARANCE!  I picked up some boy crib sheets for cheap cheap at a yard sale ages ago (you know, just in case) and the quilt has been waiting for a baby boy for years as well.  The teething bumper, now that's new.  I found the idea on Pinterest and had a moment of "why didn't I think of this before?"  It's quilted as well and super cute with bits and pieces of boy fabrics I hadn't used yet.  And it very nicely covers up the gouge marks that Abby very lovingly carved into the crib for us!  Hopefully it will do the same for this little guy.

I've also done a few flannel blankets and a very ingenious changing pad (that was not my ingenious idea though) and yet, I still feel a little frantic!  But excited.  And scared.  And worried.  And tired (have I mentioned that one yet:?).  And hopeful.  And READY!!!!

No comments: