Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Do you even need to be told how we celebrated Father's Day around here?  You may remember a certain birthday/Father's Day present that had not been properly initiated yet . . . well after a few minor modifications -- 

None of which I really understand (sorry Chopper), he took the new smoker for a spin yesterday!

Ah yes, 8 hours of smoking a pork roast for pulled pork sandwiches and of course the requisite rack of ribs. And they were so good!!  Pair it with watermelon, corn on the cob, banana pudding -- we feasted!!!
We had to teach Abby how to eat corn on the cob -- this was her first experience!!  She handled it like a champ -- I think those final 4 teeth coming in really helped actually.

Megan loves corn on the cob herself.  That and watermelon disappeared before anything else was even touched -- even the chips!!

Ahh, the ribs.  Chopper would want me to point out to you that beautiful smoke ring but since I'm not really sure what that is, I'll just tell you!  Hey, all I care about is that the meat was tender (fell off the bone), the flavor was good (his sauce was perfectly tangy with a hint of sweetness and good spicy kick) and there was plenty to go around.  And then to come back for seconds later.  Yum.

Chopper deserves it.  He's really picked up where I've slacked off these past couple of weeks and I'm really grateful for that.  He is a wonderful father and the girls adore him -- partly evidenced by the fact that they go to him when they wake up in the middle of the night (which I don't mind at all!) and I'm grateful to be married to him and have him with me for up and coming child #3!!

On another note, as I continue to try to prepare for #3, I saw this idea on a sewing blog and thought Megan would love it.  I simplified it way down and just did some basic flannel shapes and a flannel board and voila!
 Tangrams!  I think that's what they're called.  I really should get a set with more shapes than squares and triangles but for now, Megan loves to build her castles with fabric.
 And Abby loves to build her . . . whatever that is.  She loves to do whatever Megan does really. 

 Last but not least, we finally hired someone to take out our hideous corner bushes.  I'm not sure if we'll plant there or leave it the way it is.  Maybe I can get Chopper to put in a Crepe Myrtle tree.  But for now, these holes in the ground are really quite lovely since we hated the other things.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Kristy, honestly I do not know how you finish so many projects. Seriously, those flannel boards are awesome! Adding #3 is going to be a change. I had someone tell me to let the first 4 weeks just go by without trying to do much at all and it was great advice. The hard part is now trying to start doing things again.