Saturday, June 5, 2010

Quilt Show!

My friend Amanda and I went to a quilt show in Dulles today and had such a good time! I should probably be grateful though that there aren't really any good quilt shops in Fredericksburg because not only were there some amazing quilts, there was a lot of fabulous fabric! I kept running through all the projects that I have to do right now though and refrained from buying TOO MUCH fabric. I only got some . . . and the most adorable pattern for a cupcake oven mitt. I'll have to make those in addition to the apron I'm doing for Megan to go with her play kitchen for Christmas -- I love crafting and sewing and quilting! My friend Amanda bought a ton of cute fabric and she hasn't even taken her sewing machine out of the box. So we have plans to get together and quilt away so that she can get some use out of her machine!

It was really nice actually that Chopper stayed here with Megan and I took Abby of course and she was a perfect baby. She got nearly as much attention as the quilts! I had a lot of people ask about her or comment on training her young (yes I am) and one lady in passing said to her friend, "Did you see the chubbers on that baby?" I'm assuming those are her cheeks!
I don't know if I can post pictures of quilts I liked -- they're not mine and I'm not sure so I won't, but I got a lot of good inspiration. So in lieu of cute quilts, how about some cute kids?
This is Abby in her swing. I don't know why the red dot on the side of the swing is so fascinating but it is definitely what she is locked on.
And this is one thing that dad's are good for -- sitting! He laid down on Megan's bed while she was playing and fell asleep. So Megan decided to play with him anyway!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

That is interesting that quilts might have copyrights or something. Is that true? Because I totally took pictures of a quilt show last year and posted the pictures on my blog so my mom could see. I'm a sinner!