Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Itty Bitty Studio

After the quilt show last Saturday, I was of course motivated and inspired to keep creating and there are a few more people on my list that could stand to have a baby quilt. The problem is that we have a 2-bedroom apartment with 2 small children and lots of baby equipment everywhere you turn! And even though Megan is very careful with all of my equipment, I never let her anywhere near it unsupervised and it's a pain to take it out and put it away for 1/2 hour spurts. I need a studio! Chopper flippantly suggested I set up in a closet and well . . . I took the challenge.

The great thing about this apartment is the closet storage. So I took this spare closet in our dining area:
and converted it into my new sewing studio!

There's a shoe organizer on the door that does wonders for all my little things and even though I can't cut or iron in there, everything is at my fingertips and I can just shut the door on the mess when the girls are up and around! I'm so jazzed right now I might just have to start my own business to boot. Now what closet can I use for an office . . . .

No comments: