Monday, June 14, 2010

A Quilt for Denise . . . oh yeah, and Danny

I can finally post this quilt because Danny and Denise read my blog (once every 6 months) and so I couldn't put pictures up until they got it in the mail. But the whole time I put this together (and the rest of her baby presents) I thought about Denise. Not Danny. Who is actually my brother. Maybe it's because pregnancy and babies are really all about women. Not that men aren't involved but Chopper never got as excited as I did about preparing for a baby. Or maybe it's because Denise is a wonderful sister-in-law and I think I might like her better than my brother (sorry Danny). Ok I lied about that last bit -- I think I love them equally. I think.

Enough said: Ta-da! A la peanut butter sandwiches:



Maybe when the little guy is born they'll send me a picture of him with the quilt to post as well. The animal print is Alexander Henry 2D zoo in pool (that's the color scheme) and the other blue prints are all from Joann Fabrics -- some from the Heidi Grace collections and some just from Joanns! The pattern I cannot take credit for at all -- its from Elizabeth Hartman -- her charm squares baby quilt and you can find it here: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2010/03/charm-squares-baby-quilt-redux.html
I also copied the way she quilted it with wonky straight lines and I did it on my own machine! So I was very excited and impressed with myself and I don't say that to brag -- it was just awesome to be able to do a machine quilted quilt myself. It only made me want a long-arm machine all the more! It was a quick quilt to make but I just love the results and apparently so do Danny and Denise!

No comments: