Sunday, March 2, 2008

Megan's Blessing Day



Today was wonderful! My mom and dad and three of my brothers (Mark, Danny -- and wife Denise, and James . . . Jeff is on his mission in Argentina) were able to come to Montana and be here on the day of Megan's blessing. If you're not familiar with that, a blessing is like a christening in other faiths. WIth a blessing, the father formally and officially gives the child a name that is entered on the records of the church and then usually blesses the child with whatever he feels inspired. There isn't any baptism involved since we do that at age 8. Chopper gave her a beautiful blessing and I, of course, cried through the whole thing. I am so grateful for all of the blessings that I have: to finally be a mom -- it didn't happen on my timeline but on the Lord's and that has been the perfect timeline and I couldn't be happier, my husband is good and loving and worthy -- I love watching him with Megan during "Daddy time". I am so excited because he is going to be a wonderful father! I am also grateful for my family and the support and love they give to us. And I am grateful for the Gospel and the knowledge that I can be with Chopper and Megan for eternity -- it seems like we've had her so long already and I don't really know what I would do if that was sudden taken away!

Anyway, Chopper liked to tease me that he would give her whatever name he wanted to but in the end he was good and said her name (I don't think he really would have done otherwise!). Megan wore the most beautiful crocheted gown that Chopper's mom (a.k.a. Grandma Whittacre) made for her before she was even on her way. She was so good! She started getting antsy before but was quiet for the whole blessing and even smiled a little at the end! Anyway, we have the most beautiful baby and a wonderful life. Our blessings are truly overwhelming!