Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What Doesn't Get Done

The other day a good friend of mine posted a massive list of things that she accomplished between 5 a.m. and lunch time.  It was awe-inspiring.  But she really is a good friend and so I didn't feel envious over that list because I have seen her house when it's under destruction (not construction) and when the floors are sticky and she's apologizing about the bathroom or the laundry on the couch.  And of course we all have good days and bad days right?  So today I'm celebrating what I did NOT do:

1.  I did not do the laundry.  This means that I have procrastinated one more day until I also will not do the ironing.  I'll probably regret it when the piles slightly resemble Mt. Rushmore (only with princess faces instead of president faces) but right now I'm quite enjoying browsing through blogs and reading my latest book.

2.  I did not bathe the kids.  I am celebrating this in particular because it means I have a fantastic husband who did it for me!

3.  I did not plan dinner and remember to take meat out of the freezer in advance.  But the last minute meal still turned out pretty good.  I also did not make something that Megan would eat, but then I'm beginning to wonder if anyone could make something that Megan would eat . . . 

4.  I did not spend too much money on Halloween clearance items at Target.  I put the cute pumpkin pillow BACK, I avoided the costumes, and I only bought one small box of Halloween foam stickers -- hey I have to think about General Conference bags for next year!

5.  I did not make pancakes for breakfast.  This is a big deal because I make them maybe 3 or 4 times a week and right now it's pure torture because I can't eat them.  And then I have to make myself my own breakfast too.  Ick on double the cooking.

6.  I did not abandon my children to the television screen so that I could finish reading that book -- when I'm only halfway through.  I do this a lot I think and really probably shouldn't but reading is a serious addiction for me and has been for as long as I can remember.

So it's been a pretty good day I think.

2 comments:

Veritas_Libertas said...

Happy Veteran's Day to your brother in law, Gary-David. Him and I were penpals for a very long time and i grew very fond of him and we lost touch over time, when he . I was wondering if you could update me on him or tell him that Emily misses him, is praying for him and wondering how he is doing? I tried to email him, but no reply. I really would love to know he's still alive and safe!

Veritas_Libertas said...

my email is ewilber34 @ gmail.com