Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Letter To My Father

Dear Dad,

It took Megan 45 minutes to get dressed on Thursday morning and then she threw a fit about needing to eat her breakfast before preschool.  And I'm repeating over and over to: eat, put on  your clothes, find your shoes, etc. etc. and yelling to get out the door on time.  And then I was hit by a very powerful memory, or rather series of memories, involving my bedroom in the wee hours of the morning and a very frustrated and angry dad voice telling me to get out of bed or I was in big trouble.  And I realized that Megan is only 4 so I must have a long road ahead of me.

I know that apologizing won't make it better for me, but I'm sorry.

And you can stop laughing now.

Love, Kristy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are correct - its too late :)

Love,
Dad