Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weather Report

It's raining in Texas.  And that is always worth reporting!

Actually, last night I watched an episode of Criminal Minds -- a psychopath show that I've seen intermittently and am NEVER watching again.  It was really awful I don't know why I didn't turn it off.  But that's another story.

Anyway, I ended up having a nightmare about the show and at the very end, the perpetrator started shooting.  You know how in a nightmare you're going to die but you wake up right before you do?  Well, that's what happened to me, only the shooting was still going on!  So it took me a minute to realize that it was hail.  Only a minute though because boy did it become a doozy!

We ended up with very steady, very loud, very large (from what I could see out the windows) hail for about 15 minutes.  Chopper was worried about the car.  I was worried that there was going to be a tornado involved -- for some reason tornadoes and hail seem to go together in Texas.  But we were safe.  Abby woke up and I sat up with her for about an hour and Megan never even moved a muscle.  And it was LOUD!  Echoing off the room, banging on the windows.  LOUD!

But we're safe -- and we've survived our first real hail storm.  And now I'm going to put together a tornado / severe weather kit to keep in our bathroom.  Oh and reassemble our 72-hour kits.  Because this literally was a wake-up call!

No comments: