Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's Been A Month!

I can't believe it's been a month.  Especially after the last few months before the birth went SOOOOOOOO slowly, I'm a little in shock that (tomorrow) William is a month old.

So, at one month old:
William looks a lot like Abby, but there are times when his head is distinctly Megan.  It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up.
From day one (literally), he has slept through the night -- at least in the sense that he wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep.  This has been HEAVENLY since both my girls were night owls.  Granted, I'm still getting up every 2 or 3 hours to nurse, but at least I can go back to bed afterwards!  I'm tired, but not exhausted and that has made a big difference.
His congestion continues -- I'm still off dairy (as far as I can tell) but I might take him to the doctor this week and see if they have any other suggestions for me.
He is rolling over.  I am not kidding.  Apparently he is not a fan of tummy time (another Megan characteristic) -- and I have the proof!!


My favorite things about this stage of life are the cuddling and the sleeping.  I love when they're so small that they just curl up into a little bean on my chest.

And the sleeping -- well my kids have never been big fans of the swaddle -- they want to stretch and move and sleep like this.  I love it.  Free!  Finally free!!

Yesterday Megan and Abby painted with homemade puffy paint.  It was an interesting experiment and a whole lot easier to clean up than store bought stuff.  It's a very simple recipe: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup flour, and a few drops of food coloring.  Mix it up, pour in a squeeze bottle and "draw".  It's supposed to dry sparkly (because of the salt), and it did -- sort've.  It's shiny but not sparkly like glitter.



No comments: