The last of my family is leaving tomorrow and it's bitter-sweet. There's going to be a lot to miss and, I admit, some nice things about being just us again. And what are they? Well . . .
Top 10 Reasons It's Nice to Have Your Entire Family In Your House
(but not in any particular order)
1. Everyone takes a turn cooking and cleaning
2. Free babysitters (hooray for date night!)
3. Games are so much more fun with 10 people than they are with 4 (no offense)
4. Every funny story and home video comes out of the woodwork
5. There's always someone to laugh at
6. There's always someone to laugh with
7. I don't have to eat that entire batch of cookies all by myself!!
8. My girls are getting to know and love their family
9. You get out and explore new things (or cook new things -- hooray for new recipes!)
10. A reason to eat out to share all our favorite restaurants
Top 10 Reasons Why It's Nice to Have the House Just Back to Us
(also in no particular order)
1. The bathrooms don't become as much of a disaster with just the 4 of us
2. You don't have to knock on doors before you enter
3. NO MORE SHARING OF BEDROOMS WITH YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!! (Megan keeps waking up scared of "that noise daddy makes". I don't blame her -- it scares me too.)
4. Every embarrassing story and home video comes out of the woodwork
5. Air mattresses really are NOT that comfortable
6. There's milk and eggs in the fridge and bread in the cupboard for longer than 24 hours
7. Quiet can be very nice
8. Less commentary during my favorite shows (ok not really with Chopper home -- love you!)
9. I get my sewing room back!!!
10. Less people to fight over the computer with
Did I say already how blessed I am to have the family that I do? I should say it every day because that's how blessed I am. But I also love being our own family unit. Wow. It's just good all around!