Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So Thankful

A friend of mine gave a really good talk on Sunday about gratitude.  She asked the question, are we living the things that we are grateful for, not simply saying them?  So when I say I am grateful to have a temple, do I show that gratitude by visiting regularly.  When I say I am grateful for my family, do I show them that in the way that I treat them.

So this past week I have had much to be grateful for in having my parents here for Thanksgiving but I'm not sure how well I showed it since I spent a lot of time on the couch or in the bathroom.  My mom was amazing with entertaining the girls, cooking meals, and even cleaning my house before she left.  And despite the nausea, we had a great time as a family and I'm really looking forward to having them ALL (my whole family!) for Christmas.

 The girls love when Grandma comes because they get to play on her bed -- a mattress on the floor.  They enjoying snuggling, jumping, plopping, bouncing -- all the things they're not allowed to do on their regular beds (except the snuggling, but they never want to snuggle with me!).

 Sorry for the light behind the picture but Abby really loved watching football with daddy and Grandpa (which she can now say.  There is no more ka-pow).

 And it was tons of fun to get the decorations out of course!!  Boxes to sit in, things to play with that shouldn't be played with, pure heaven!

We went to Bass Pro Shop and looked at Santa Claus and rode the carousel.  Abby cried bloody murder when it was time to get off.


But she was super cute going to church on Sunday!  

My parents also stayed with the girls alone while Chopper and I took an overnight date for an early anniversary present.  Hooray!  We had a great time, very relaxing and I think we might have to do that again some time!

Now it's back to the same old same old except that everyone will be back in just 2 and 1/2 weeks and I have SOOOOO much to do!  And not enough energy.  Like right now -- I should start sewing but all I really want to do is take a nap.  What wins?  I guess we'll find out later.  Maybe just a short nap . . . 

Oh and this is cute video.  Abby is so vocal now and she likes to say "ta-da" when we turn the Christmas tree lights on but of course won't do it on camera.  But all our conversation is pretty interesting as the girls help decorate the tree.

No comments: