Sunday, January 31, 2010

How we spend a snow day

Yesterday we got nearly a foot of snow here in Fredericksburg and so my wonderfully planned and prepared Primary activity was cancelled as well as church today! I've forgotten what it was like to live in a place with this kind of reaction to snow!

Anyway, I got Megan to sing for the camera -- it was difficult because now whenever she sees the camera come out she wants to look at the pictures, not take them. So she kept trying to get around me and wouldn't let me back up to record her. But I got her centered pretty good anyway.




This last video I feel like needs a little explanation. We aren't anti-princess around here but I don't heavily promote them either. Megan does have some princess things but not a lot -- mostly toddler dishes, etc. I am not a big fan of buying clothes that say things like "I'm a princess" or calling her that -- I want it to remain in the realm of imagination. She knows what they are to a certain extent -- she has a crown and dress up things but doesn't watch Disney princess movies yet either because some of them are kind've scary! So I'm playing with fabric to make Abby's baby quilt and she's taking my fabric and wrapping it around her to be "cozy" or putting it on her head as a hat. She goes in my room to look in the full-length mirror and comes out saying "Princess Megan". I couldn't believe it! So this one she's just doing it on camera because it is awfully cute.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

She's so smart! What a cutie.

James and Kista said...

I love her little voice and how she is so tiny, but she has such a HUGE vocabulary!

jeffg001 said...

HAHAHA i love you megan! abcbebg... thats hilarious!