Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Making Progress

I'm in a good spot.  One where things are going well generally speaking and where my days are more good than bad.  I think that it's partly because in many ways, we're making progress with various aspects of life and it feels good.

I finally had my first doctor's appointment with my new OB/GYN yesterday.  I like her.  She's a maternal-fetal medicine doctor, in other words "high risk".  But fortunately for me she seems very down-to-earth and realizes that the pregnancy is not high risk, just the baby.  I still need to stick with her because my regular OB doesn't have privileges at the hospital that I need to be at for Aaron but I think she'll let me have as normal a labor and delivery as I can under the circumstances and I'm really grateful for that.
And now that that initial appointment is out of the way I feel like the medical side of things is taken care of as much as it can be and I can focus on the personal side of things -- talking to a mom who has gone through this, deciding whether or not to breastfeed (BIG decision because I've always done it exclusively for a year!), working out the routine of our lives and getting meals and activities and things ready to ease the stress on the kids.  That kind of stuff.

Chopper is building a dollhouse for the girls.  And I'm furnishing and decorating!!  And we're both ridiculously excited.  As in playing Christmas music, can barely keep it a secret excited!  It is so fun to prepare something that we're sure they'll love.  I don't have any pictures yet (I think Chopper has a few on his phone) but I'll post some soon of the process.  It's awesome!!

Today was cold and windy -- the coldest day of the season so far.  When I took Megan to school I dropped her off rather than walk her in.  I looked back into my mirror to watch her walk in and a little girl was hugging her.  And then Megan showed her Andy the puppy (her class mascot) that she had for the night and they walked in to the school together.  And Megan was smiling.  And it makes me proud and happy and emotional all at the same time to see her happy and social and independent.  I get so anxious over her, ironic considering that I think her issues stem from anxiety!  I love seeing her grow and progress.

I finally finished a quilt!!  I've had this pair "commissioned" by a friend of mine and the going has been slow.  It's so far from perfect but has turned out well and I'm happy with it.  And now I can finish the other one and focus on Christmas presents.  It feels good to have accomplished something that's been hanging over my head.

Yes, that fabric is red flames.  It's hilarious and I hope my friend's son loves it!!

So life is good.   



No comments: