Thursday, November 21, 2013

F-Words

So I love the movie The King's Speech.  Yes, it's rated R (for a 10 second specific reason that has nothing to do with skin or violence), it's Colin Firth and Helena Bonham-Carter and it's FANTASTIC.  The rated R part in the middle is when Colin Firth's character (is he a prince at that point or the king?  I think he's the king by then) gets so FRUSTRATED with himself and his tutoring in speech  and his therapist encourages him to let go and say the f-word.  The real one.  And he does -- about 15 times in a row.

And some days I can so sympathize.  

And it occured to me just how many f-words there are that seem to express those negative emotions: frazzled, frantic, frayed, finished, flamboozled, frenetic, fractured, frustrated.

I feel FRAZZLED because William is a 16 month old boy who loves to be outside, runs away from me when he can, and FIGHTS me if I try to contain him.  It's rather tiring.

I feel FRUSTRATED because the last quilt I'm doing for commission is not coming together well and I've been trouble shooting for days now when I should be getting things done.

I feel FRACTURED because it seems there are so many things that need to be taken care of: kids, school work, Relief Society, visiting teaching, Christmas projects, Thanksgiving dinner, clean the house, etc. when what I really want to do is sit down, read a very good book, and fall asleep doing so.

I feel FRAYED when the girls ask me the same question over and over and over again because the answer is no.  No.  NO!!!



I probably shouldn't post this entry because it's pretty negative right?  I'm tired -- can you tell?  I think I'm going to take a nap.

1 comment:

aidanjordan said...

You know they released a PG-13 version, right? He still says the sh word, but not quite as jarring I guess. But I get your point. Pretty much feel like that every second f my life. Hang in there!