Saturday, August 13, 2011

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old

One of the best things about this long trip was seeing some old friends.  On the way up, I stopped in Kansas to visit my best friend and roommate from college and her adorable, not so new anymore, baby.
She didn't want to smile for me because that book was too good but she was an absolute doll!

 Megan and Abby also really enjoyed playing with their extremely tolerant cat!



On the way back, we stopped in Memphis to see some friends from Idaho who just recently relocated there.  They very wonderfully put up with us even though she was headed out of town herself.  AND she made us a cake!
 Megan thought it was the coolest thing ever.  I may be plagued by bus cake requests for the rest of . . . well forever.  Megan has a really long memory.

And it tasted good!  Although Emmett looks like he's not too happy that I'm interrupted his eating for a picture!

This is one reason why we're such good friends -- they're kind've goofy like we are . . . 

We had great visits both times.  It was so nice to catch up with good friends and it was an added bonus that the girls got a good stretch of time out of the car between our long days of driving.  I think that really helped!

We also met a few new friends at my parents.  A stray cat that showed up.
 We ended up taking her to the pound after she hung around for a few days.  She was a sweetheart though so if you need a cat -- drive to Michigan and pick her up!

And this is "Wally".  He's a friend of Arthur's (my parent's dog) and although I didn't let the girls around him much just in case, he seemed to be a sweetheart.


No comments: