Monday, November 15, 2010

I love you THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS much!

Who was that artist who painted the same thing over and over and over until he got it right? Megan is that artist. Either that or she just loves her Grandpa. Because that's all she draws. Ever since Chopper taught her to draw faces, she draws them constantly. Yesterday we rolled out the paper that had been collecting underneath the easel and this is what we've got:
 A kitchen and dining room full of Grandpa portraits.  Because if you ask her who it is, it's always Grandpa.  So one day for kicks, I asked her to draw Grandma thinking it would be the same and she just "says" that it's Grandpa.  Nope.  There is a clear difference:
I'll give you one guess to tell me who Grandpa is and who Grandma is.  And that is her only portrait on these several feet of paper.  Sorry Grandma. 

Oh and as I type this, Megan is in the other room reading The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree.  I know because I'm hearing bits of the story told with the same inflections that I use when I read it -- maybe I can get that on video . . . 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

My guess is that grandpa is on the bottom with less hair. The top one definitely has more hair and must be a woman. Am I right?