Sunday, November 21, 2010

Amusing Tidbits

Yesterday Megan saw the Dora house that we're saving for . . . something.  We haven't decided if it's going to be Christmas or birthday or when but it's a great playhouse with furniture and Dora the Explorer's complete family that some friends handed down to us.  Chopper left the wrong door open and Megan kept asking for the house.  When I finally figured it out I told her "we can't play with that right now, Mommy can't reach it."  She looked at me and got quiet for a minute and I could literally see the wheels turning in her head.  Then she says, "Can Mommy get a ladder?"  Well how do you argue with that?!?!?!  You tell them the ladder is too heavy that's how.  I hope it gives me enough time for her to forget just a little while longer that it's there . . .

I've been giving Abby Cheerios every now and then.  Yesterday she figured out that she likes them.  I had dumped a few on her tray for her to play with while we finished dinner and she was trying so hard to get those Cheerios in her mouth.  The problem is, she can get them in, but hasn't quite figured out how to release once they 're in there.  Hopefully that milestone isn't too long in coming or she'll be one frustrated girl!

No comments: