Monday, September 6, 2010

Fabric Frenzy



Here they are! These are the quilts that mom and I won -- the smaller of the 2 is really only a crib size but I love the look of it!

One thing I've been working on while I've been here is a set of "wedding dresses" for the girls. Technically, they're not flowergirls or anything like that, but I thought it would be cute for them to have coordinating dresses. Mark and Adrienne's colors are black and a deep rust orange that I didn't even want to try to match, so I did dresses in black and white for them both. That being said, I don't often go for matchy-matchy outfits for my girls so I just did black and white for them both but different fabrics and different patterns. Both of these patterns are Simplicity (I don't have the numbers on me right now). Believe it or not, Abby's dress was only 6 pieces and was super easy. Megan's dress was a little more complicated -- you can't really tell because of the pattern of the fabric but you have a pleated skirt and pleated sleeves, plus a cummerbund waist. The pattern is a Project Runway pattern which just means there are a lot of different design elements that you can incorporate into the overall look. It too was generally simple -- it was the first time I had done any kind of pleating and it went very well. I gave the dresses a trial run to church yesterday and they did well (even though Megan insisted on wearing her pink water shoes . . .). Now I have to put together the headbands together for them to wear and voila! I can't wait for this wedding!

No comments: