Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy baby, sad day

It's always a sad day to get shots. Abby had her 4 month appointment today (where does the time go?) and things are looking good. Her weight is 13 lbs. 9 oz. and her lenth is 24 inches -- both squarely in the 50th percentile. She reacts so differently to shots than Megan did -- Megan was upset of course but would calm down as soon as I began to nurse her. Abby continues to scream and yell even after the hurt is gone and had to interrupt her nursing several times to yell at me in a very accusatory tone! She likes to yell and scream. She's definitely found her voice and likes to blow spit bubbles and raspberries as well. I was making a big deal over that until Megan started doing it -- not so cute on a 2 1/2 year old!

Today when Megan got out of her bath I was trying to get her to lay down to put her diaper on and she was arranging things just so of course and when I kept asking her to lay down she said "hold on hold on". Miss Sassy Pants!

We leave on Saturday believe it or not -- I still have so much to do but everytime both girls are down, all I want to do is relax myself! I wish Chopper were here.

No comments: