Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

It's going to be quite the year I think.  Every holiday I'm going to be thinking, "this would've been Aaron's first . . . "  Maybe it's a good thing that the first holiday to "celebrate" that way is Easter.  It's meant a lot to me this year.  I've lost loved ones before, grandparents, Chopper's dad, but this time the true meaning of Easter feels more tangible and I'm more grateful.

Mormon.org promoted a social networking opportunity with a beautiful video called Because of Him.  They have a really good video here.  They also did a photo challenge with a different subject for each day.  With the exception of last Sunday, I posted every day on instagram and Facebook and what was particularly nice about it was that I was looking each day for a moment that would fulfill that "requirement".  I liked thinking about Jesus Christ and what's he done for me every day.  I wanted to post those pictures and thoughts here today on Easter Sunday so that they'll be sure to go in the blog book for next year because they are my testimony.

Because of Him I am blessed with amazing parents and family and even though we don't live close I can love and support them and be a better daughter by helping to keep those family bonds strong.  And they mean more to me than ever.  And because of Him they can last forever.

Because of Him I can follow His example and serve others.  It's something I'm still working on but it can be as simple as pushing my kids on the swing and I'm working to recognize and take those opportunities when they come.

Because of Him I can love more fully.  That phrase makes me think of my children and how we are their favorite people unconditionally.  They want cuddles and laughter and love.  THey don't care what I look like when I'm not put together or compare me to others.  They just love.

Because of Him I can be a better me.  It's been 7 years since I've done ANY running.  I can't say that it's been fun yet but I know it's making me better.  And it's a good analogy for the atonement.  No matter how long it's been we can work to be better and can be forgiven of our sins.  Every day a little better.


Because of Him I live in a beautiful world.  And it is beautiful in Texas in the spring!

Because of Him we will all be resurrected and live again.  Because of His atonement we can be forgiven, strengthened, and endure to the end and have eternal life sealed to those we love.  It is the greatest gift we have been given and I know that it is real.  Happy Easter!!



No comments: