Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just stuff

I've written a very long post about Aaron but I just can't post it yet.  Then I realized that yesterday was 2 weeks.  2 weeks ago I had a baby and about a week ago I lost him.  It really feels like it's been forever already but it's only been 2 weeks.  So maybe I need some more time.  I don't know.  Or maybe it would be helpful to just post it and have it out there.

Anyway, I've decided that one of the reasons that family is so important to have around during a time of grief is because they help bring laughter back and keep things in perspective.  Or at least my family does.  The kids really enjoyed having three of their four uncles with us for a few days.  We love our aunts too but uncles are fun -- roughhousing and being silly especially when dad doesn't feel like doing so much of that.  I didn't take a lot of pictures last week -- too many other things going on -- but I did get some video of Abby and Uncle Jeff dancing without music.  If I was technologically inclined I would probably set it to music but that's part of what makes it funny, the silence of the dance.


My mom is still here indefinitely.  It's nice to have her around to think of things and distract when I'm feeling low.  Yesterday she put together a tea party for the 4 of us (Megan's back in school) that actually turned out to be a lot of fun.  William has no tea party etiquette, especially where fruit snacks are involved, and Abby insisted we talk in British accents not only for the tea party but for the rest of the morning.  After the tea party, Grandma decided to do her stretches.
It was very amusing to watch.

On another note, a dear sweet friend of mine made a white quilt to go with Aaron in his casket.  It turned out beautifully.  It's hard to see the details because it's white but it was the perfect fit and I was so grateful to her because I couldn't put the quilt that I made for him in his casket with him.  I still need to post pictures of that and the story of how I felt inspired to finish it.  I just need to post it all.  Maybe this week.


No comments: