Sunday, December 15, 2013

Release

Today I was released from being the Relief Society President of my church ward.
It's been almost exactly 2 years.

The release was extended 3 weeks ago but was postponed twice -- once because of that ice storm and the church cancellation.  I thought that sitting on this for 3 weeks would make it easier but no.  I still cried through the entire release and sustaining process and also through Relief Society itself.  I don't think I have ever felt this emotional about the end of a calling.  On the one hand, I am grateful to be done and be able to focus on my family and the baby.  I have been really really worried about balancing family, hospital, and Relief Society and knew that I would feel guilty about whichever one would get slighted.  On the other hand, I have loved the sisters of our ward very much and while this has probably been the hardest calling I've had to date, it has also been incredibly sweet and fulfilling.  I don't have a new calling either, which leaves me floundering a little bit.  But I know that in 2 months, my next calling will be born!  It's nice to be able to prepare for that!

Another release in our lives -- Megan's primary teacher passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Friday from a heart attack.  She was not that old.  Megan has taken it surprisingly well given that she had a meltdown earlier in the week about going to heaven and leaving us.  She says she misses Sister Bradley and wanted to know how long she would be in heaven (forever honey -- until we go too!) but hasn't cried or been upset.  I don't know if she's still processing or if she just kind've understands and is ok.  She had a fever this morning and missed church where I know that the primary talked about it a great deal so we'll see how she continues to cope as the changes happen.

No comments: