Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

In case you haven't seen it, this Mormon Messages video is fantastic.  It makes me tear up every time (although admittedly, that is not hard to do).  In fact, we used the quote at the end on Father's Day gift at church (candy bars) and it comes from a great message given to fathers from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles back in the 70's.

This year we kept it simple.  Chopper loves his back scratched so I've been saving this idea for a few months now -- a t-short "map" with some cars for the kids to play on his back.  Of course we drew in all his favorite places on the shirt: 7-11 (for Dr. Pepper runs of course), camping and fishing, Bass Pro Shop . . . 

Then I got this cute idea off Pinterest and had to try it.  The pictures will go in a frame to spell out dad but I had to share my favorite ones from our little backyard photo shoot.






 But I think William says it best: 

The older I get and the more kids I have I realize how grateful I am for Chopper as a good husband and father.  Parenting is hard and I'm finding more and more that "dad" is a necessary role.  I was blessed with a good father as well and I know that my life wouldn't be what it is now without him.  Our children adore Grandpa and Chopper (ok except William, he's still pretty exclusively a mommy's boy) and get so excited when he comes home from work and demand time with him.  I'm grateful that he is such a support to me and the backbone of our family and that he let's me do what I want (stay home with the kids!!) by working hard to support us.

No comments: