Saturday, May 21, 2011

Personality

Megan has hit another milestone I think -- this is the want to role play with mommy and daddy rather than just by myself milestone.  Nearly every day I am another "character" but my main role is mommy-bird (and she's baby bird) or Thumper (Megan is Bambi).  Today I was bunny rabbit and Chopper was Santa Claus.  In fact, when it was time for bed, instead of daddy kisses she wanted Santa Claus kisses.  Funny considering that she's been terrified of him for 3 years now . . . 

She's also started to say the funniest things.  Today after her bath she said to me, "that was an excellent bathtub adventure!"  Which is word for word (except the bathtub part -- swap that for anything else) what Tyrone says at the end of every Backyardigans episode.  We do watch that quite a bit I guess.  And the other day when I was mommy bird and she was baby bird she put on a cowboy hat and told me, "now I'm a cowbird!"  So I told her that when Grandma comes to visit (3 days) she is just going to eat Megan up.  To which Megan replied, "and Grandpa too!"  That's probably true.

Abby on the other hand has been incredibly clingy and so very cranky if you attempt to put her down.  She breaks down in tears at the least little thing.  I'm not sure what's going on with her but I had to laugh over it today.  She's been cruising much more around the furniture and likes to walk holding our hands so we pulled out the walker.  But there's no real steering so she's a happy baby while she's walking and the minute she hits a road block, it's the end of the world.  I think that's why I hated this toy when Megan was little . . .
 

No comments: