Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whoops!

I forgot to put in the milestone marks from Megan's 3rd well-child check.  Megan weighs in at 28 pounds and exactly 3 feet tall -- both in the 25th percentile.  She's a bitty one I guess.  And they took her blood pressure.  I thought that was interesting -- Megan did not.

We've hit another milestone too actually.  Excuses excuses.  Megan is mastering the art of the excuse.  She often, when asked to do something, will say "I'm just reading a book".  Put a "but" in there and she's 13 years old.  Today when I told her it was time to get dressed after her bath, she picked her towel back up, wrapped it around herself, and said "but I'm a princess".  Well at least the logical thinking is coming along nicely.

The potty-training, not so much.  I don't know if it's normal in potty-training to go through 12 pairs of underwear in one day.  Well less than one day if you don't count nap time and the point where I just gave up.  Someday I will look back at this and laugh.  But not today.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We had a time of it with Eliza and the potty training. All of the mothers with tons of kids advised me to just let it go until she was "ready." We tried many, many times and failed miserably. She just wasn't getting it. Finally, when she was 3 yrs 2 mos, we went to my mom's house (which has no carpet). Eliza peed on the floors for two days straight. Then, she got it! She hasn't had an accident since. Maybe Megan just hasn't had her "aha" moment yet?