Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Where does the time go?

Yesterday Abby had her 9-month well-baby check.  Other than the fact that I didn't like the doctor and am on the hunt again, it went very well.

Her stats for 9 months are:
Height -- 27" (25-50%)
Weight -- 17 lbs. 1 oz. (10-25%)
Head -- 17" (25%)

Despite being perfectly normal, and after seeing her fat rolls, my doctor informed me that given the average height of both Chopper and I, hopefully she will grow some more and get a little taller.  I'm not kidding.  Just one reason why I am not going back.  She also told me it's good to marry a tall person so that short genes are averaged out.

At any rate, Abby is cranky from shots and teething (the bottom ones are really poking through now), but is still my sweet little baby.  For now.  As fast as things are going, it won't be too long before she's not my baby anymore!  At 9 months she's gotten pretty good at a few things too.  No crawling yet, but she's pushing up onto all fours.  Those darn legs just keep sliding out from under her and backwards she goes!  She claps, or really she brings her hands together.  And she does it when you do it.  She also is getting her da-da-da's down and her ma-ma-ma's although mostly we still just get spitting.  She can definitely squeal -- between her and Megan it can be pretty piercing around here!  She loves to fall backwards voluntarily and her favorite place to do it is in the tub.  She'll play and play and then the moment you get near her to start washing, backwards she goes to kick and splash up a storm.  She really loves Megan -- she looks for her when she gets up from naps and when she nurses.  She also loves to dance with mom and watch me make a fool of myself dancing for her.  Megan always liked that too.  She's not feeding herself quite yet either -- we've got the catching down, just not the delivery to the mouth.  

No comments: