Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Prodigy in the Making

Grandma Gasser brought Megan crayons and coloring books when she came to visit and we have seen a drastic improvement in Megan's artistic abilities!


Ok you know we're kidding right? Chopper drew the picture and then got Megan to pose for it of course. But she has really enjoyed coloring and I HAVE seen an improvement -- she's consciously trying to stay within the lines!

My mom left for home today. Of course she'll be back at the beginning of May for the baby blessing with my dad and brother in tow (yay!), but it is still really hard to see her go. She and I are really close and I have loved having her here. Plus, now the hard work really starts right? I need start learning how to balance 2 children! Day 1 -- they've both slept all afternoon! I know that this will probably be a very rare occurrence! It will good to work out our routine as a family again -- but we'll all miss her. Megan will miss having another person to play with and being able to kiss all of "Grandma's medicine" (remember it's kissing with the nose so it was really worse for Grandma than Megan!) and try on her shoes. They've been sharing a room so we'll see what happens when she wakes up tomorrow morning and Grandma's not there!!

Chopper and Megan planted flowers in pots for our balcony the other day. Megan now requests to go play in "the garden". I hope we can keep them alive -- flowers can be expensive!


2 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, plants in pots! That is amazing. I should take a picture of our "garden" and see what you think. I think you would laugh. Anyway, I'm jealous...it looks like you guys are so established with your own little space now! Good luck with the juggling 2 kids...I totally typed jiggling and had to edit that out. Oops.

James and Kista said...

Nice artistic skills Chopper! Love the pictures of planting the flowers!