Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First haircut

I don't know if this really classifies as a first haircut. I cut off Megan's "rat tail" before she was a year old and then I've also been cutting her bangs for a while to keep them out of her face. But her hair has gotten so scraggly and we decided it was time to have a real cut. There wasn't much we could do given her reaction -- lots of screaming and fighting to get out of the chair -- but her bangs got a real trim and then the back was evened out a little bit. The hair dresser kept making comments about what the other "stylist" had done wrong. Hmmm, that stylist was me. I guess I need to invest in a flowbie!


It took the DVD "Ice Age", a lollipop, and M&Ms to get her to have her haircut and she still screamed. I don't think it was the haircut necessarily, rather I think it was the strange woman invading her space -- she has a lot of personal space! Plus she kept talking really loud telling her it was ok. She's not deaf, just upset! Oh well. I think it turned out ok but I don't know that I'll be doing it again anytime soon!

2 comments:

James and Kista said...

A flowbie, you are so funny!
Yeah, I think you did just fine cutting her hair. I think that is just something they say to make you want them to cut your hair again...

James and Kista said...

A flowbie, you are so funny!
Yeah, I think you did just fine cutting her hair. I think that is just something they say to make you want them to cut your hair again...