Sunday, February 3, 2008

Old Wives' Tales

I just wanted everyone to know that it's all a lie. Since I am now officially overdue, we've had several people share their self-induction methods with us and, I have to admit, I have also looked it up on the internet. This is what I have discovered:

Eggplant -- there's a restaurant in Georgia that claims that over 300 women who are past their due date have eaten their eggplant parmigan (sp?) and have gone into labor within 48 hours. The restaurant event gives a gift certificate to women who aren't successful so they can try again. We found a site that gave us that restaurant's recipe (supposedly) and we tried it out. After eating it for dinner and lunch the next day -- nothing. But the recipe was really good and I would recommend that to people!

Accupressue -- Prop your feet up and dig some straight combs into your palms. Painful in the palms and that's it.

Spicy food -- hot wings for Super Bowl Sunday of course. Actually it's been less than 24 hours since I've eaten them so I guess I don't really know yet but I'm not feeling anything.

Bouncing -- in cars, on a pilates or birthing ball, etc. Nothing so far and I have to say that it gets sore after a while for the belly to bounce around.

What else? That's all I've tried so far and no good. Looks like it will be induction for me! My grandmother, my aunt, and my mother were all late late (especially on firsts) so there is probably no chance given that my doctor would prefer not to let me get really even to the 41st week. I think that's ok with me given that I am getting quite sore. SO, the next post may be an introduction to our new family member!

No comments: