Saturday, February 23, 2008

Daddy's Girl

Chopper has never been one to play or cuddle with other people's babies or children. He treats his nephews and nieces great, but you always kind've wonder what it will be like with your own children. Well I have to say that he adores Megan. I wondered when we found out she was a girl if Chopper really wanted a boy and I've discovered it doesn't matter at all -- she's our child and that's the only thing that matters. However, Chopper did insist that he reserved the right to teach "it" (regardless of boy or girl) how to play and watch football, how to fish, and we've now added a new realm of Chopper education to the list. The other day I went for a walk with my mom and Chopper stayed home with Megan. We come back in the door to hear Beatles music and Chopper is rocking away (literally, in the rocking chair) and singing to his daughter. It was a beautiful and wonderful sight. Sorry the video is grainy -- I really need to invest in some better equipment I think!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Wow! I didn't know Chopper was such a good singer. If I caught Josh on tape doing something like that and posted it on our blog I would be dead. I hope you didn't get in trouble for sharing that tender moment!